A number of storefronts under different ownerships now occupy what was once a single historic building, the Blue Ribbon Stables. The small rectangular brick commercial building was built between 1905 and 1908, and it housed a plumbing business in 1908. Around 1908–1909, two larger masonry additions were erected (adjoining the original building on the west) and two frame additions were erected on the rear of the building.
Historical photos show the east portion used as a paint store and the rest of the building used as the Blue Ribbon Stables. In September 1909, Fred A. Bemis and Ed F. Burden bought the Blue Ribbon Stable business and operated it as a stable, offering livery service, boarding, and sales through at least 1914. By 1921, reflecting the growing importance of the automobile, the building had been converted to use as a garage.
Over the 20th century, the building has seen a great variety of uses, including a welding shop, secondhand store, drafting business, and large range of auto services such as tire sales, body work, and tune-ups. The far eastern and center portion of the original building are now two small retail shops, Savory Spice and EVOO Marketplace. The interiors of Savory Spice retain many early 20th-century finishes. The building’s western end was renovated in 2016 and became part of the ViewHouse restaurant.
The Blue Ribbon Stables was added to the Littleton Main Street Historic District in 2011 as a contributing building.