HOT TOPICS
Read More

2469 W main CoorsExtention Crony (1)_new
2469-79 W Main Coors Bldg Extension DSC_3281_new
2489 W Main Coors Bldg Tuscan order Cast Iron Secondary Entrance Crony_new
2489 W Main Coors Extension Bldg medallion Crony_new
2489 W Main Coors Bldg Secondary Entrance Tuscan order columns Crony_new
2489 W Main Coors Bldg DSC_3272_new
2489 W Main Coors Bldg Crony west 4304_new
2489 W Main Coors Bldg Corithian Column Cast Iron Crony_new
2489 W Main Coors Bldg Cornice Crony_new
2489 W Main Coors Bldg West Name Plate Crony_new
2469 W main CoorsExtention Crony (1)_new 2469-79 W Main Coors Bldg Extension DSC_3281_new 2489 W Main Coors Bldg Tuscan order Cast Iron Secondary Entrance Crony_new 2489 W Main Coors Extension Bldg medallion Crony_new 2489 W Main Coors Bldg Secondary Entrance Tuscan order columns Crony_new 2489 W Main Coors Bldg DSC_3272_new 2489 W Main Coors Bldg Crony west 4304_new 2489 W Main Coors Bldg Corithian Column Cast Iron Crony_new 2489 W Main Coors Bldg Cornice Crony_new 2489 W Main Coors Bldg West Name Plate Crony_new

The Coors Building at 2489 W. Main St. was constructed in 1905 by Adolph Coors. The structure was built with buff brick featuring dentil molding, a cornice cap, and a unique cast iron Corinthian column at its main entrance and a Tuscan Order Cast iron secondary entrance Large bronze plates at the top of the second floor feature the Coors name in all capital letters.

The Coors Building is representative of early 20th-century commercial development on Main Street. Located in the heart of Downtown Littleton, this building has provided space for a great many businesses over its more than 100-year history. Tenants have included drugstores, printers, notions store, restaurants, hardware stores, shoe stores, beauty shops, the Littleton Creamery, real estate offices, insurance companies, food and gift stores, and a toy store.

Back in 1914, the Coors Building housed Littleton’s Post Office. The Arapahoe Bar was one of the first lounges to occupy the building, and it served Coors beer, of course. Abe’s Diner, a longtime Littleton establishment where people meet for a traditional small town breakfast, inhabited the space as well.

In 1906, the building was extended to the east with three storefronts embellished with molded cornices, large display windows, and paneled kickplates. When Sue Carbaugh purchased the building in 1993, it had been vacant for several years. She received a historic preservation grant from the Colorado State Historical Fund, and restored the building it to original brilliance.

The City of Littleton designated the Coors Building and Extension as Historic Landmarks in 1993. The Coors Building and Extension were added to the Littleton Main Street Historic District in 2005 as contributing buildings. They are contributing structures to the Littleton Main Street National Register of Historic Places District, listed on April 8, 1998. The Coors Building is also Individually Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places.