The First National Bank of Littleton at 2509 W. Main St. was at one time the largest bank in Littleton. The first bank ever built in the City opened its doors in 1905 with $25,000 in capital. A year later, the bank moved to 2509 W. Main St. In April of 1927, three men robbed the bank in broad daylight, getting away with more than $52,000 in cash and bonds. They were later apprehended and sent to prison. The First National Bank of Littleton closed its doors forever in 1933 due in large part to frozen assets from the Great Depression.
The building features molded arcaded cornice trim and decorative finials as well as an arched window on the east side of the structure. The inset corner door is angled towards the middle of the intersection of Nevada and Main Streets. This building retains most of its original architectural fabric. Since then, the brick building has been home to a furniture store, barber shop, clinic, attorneys’ offices, cemetery association, photography gallery, and real estate office.
The First National Bank Building was designated a local Historic Landmark by the City of Littleton in 1999; added to the Littleton Main Street Historic District as a contributing building in 2005; and listed is a contributing building to the Littleton Main Street National Register of Historic Places District on April 8, 1998.
Learn more about the First National Bank here: First National Bank of Littleton, littletongov.org.