The one-story rectangular Thomas Building, featuring an angled entrance on the northeast corner, was built in 1954 by Ulva Clair Thomas. This commercial building replaced the east portion of the historic Culp Block, which had been erected in 1892. Ulva moved to Colorado in 1918 and acquired a ranch southeast of Littleton where he grew sugar beets and alfalfa.
Since his arrival, Ulva was continually active in civic affairs and participated in most activities in Littleton. In 1919, he became manager of the Columbine Mercantile Company and the first grain elevator in Littleton’s history, Columbine Mill, was under his supervision. In 1922, he purchased the Littleton Hotel (formerly the Belcher House on Main Street), and he erected the Thomas Block in 1924, which no longer exists. Ulva was secretary of the Nevada Ditch Holding Company, and he served on the board of the Centennial Turf Club and the YMCA. He was president of the Littleton Creamery Association, a founder of the Arapahoe County Fair, and a leader of the Chamber of Commerce.
An early long-term occupant of the Thomas Building was the Littleton Stationers and Printers, which occupied the building from 1959 to the early 1980s. A retail craft and art store, Willow, was in this location for the past two decades. The store is now Willow and Tulaire, and it moved across the street to 2359 W. Main St.
The Thomas Building was added to the Littleton Main Street Historic District in 2005 as a contributing building. It was listed a contributing structure on the Littleton Main Street National Register of Historic Places District on April 8, 1998.