The Crawford Saloon’s two-story brick building with an angled entrance is important as an early building on Main Street. The Gazette newspaper described it as “brick, two stories in height, and will be handsomely finished” as J.E. “Jack” Crawford built it for his saloon. The saloon remained here for about three decades.
By 1921, the Littleton Drug Store, a Rexall outlet, was in this location. A decade later, E.D. Eson owned the property. She remodeled the building, and it became the home of Eson Drug Store, which opened in October 1931. In 1936, the Eson Drug Store’s beautiful fixtures were taken to Ouray, Colo., for a drugs store there. By 1939, the Littleton Liquor Store had taken up residence in the building and it remained here for about 60 years.
Sometime in the late 1930s the building was modernized with new aluminum frame storefronts and new second-floor windows. Stucco was applied to the brick, which removed the elaborate cornice detailing.
The Crawford Saloon was added to the Littleton Main Street Historic District as a contributing building in 2005.