The Masons, a fraternal organization, first came to Littleton in 1872 and organized as Weston Lodge Number 22 of the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. The lodge was named after Allyn Weston, an attorney who moved to Colorado in 1860 and became Grand Master of Masons in Colorado two years later. In 1913, when membership exceeded more than 100 members, the Masons constructed the Masonic Lodge currently located at 5378 S. Rapp St.
On March 24, 1921, ground was broken for a new Masonic headquarters. The building designed by Harry G. Thomas of Englewood, Colo., and the cornerstone was laid on April 23, 1921, by the Grand Lodge of Colorado. Various items were placed inside the cornerstone, including a list of Masonic members and a copy of the Littleton Independent newspaper. The first Masonic meeting in the new building took place on Aug. 20, 1921, and the Temple was officially dedicated on Nov. 19 the same year.
The City of Littleton designated the Masonic Lodge as a Historic Landmark in 2011. It was incorporated into the Littleton Downtown Historic District as a contributing building on October 26, 2022.
Learn more about the Masonic Lodge here: Masonic Lodge, littletongov.org.