This two-story Dutch Colonial Revival style house is one of the best-preserved examples of this architectural style in Littleton. Its main features include a gambrel roof, front dormer, elaborate entrance, symmetrical façade, and porch with column supports.
The Eson/Malcom House is significant for its association with some of Littleton’s prominent citizens. Druggist E. D. Eson originally built the house in 1926. By 1938, it was the residence of Beulah Louisa Davies, a science and physical education teacher who later became the superintendent of schools for Arapahoe County. By the early 1950s, George and Marjorie Malcolm lived in the home. George Malcolm was mayor of Littleton from 1948 to 1952, during which time Main Street was widened, the City’s water capacity was increased, and a modern sewage treatment facility was built. George was a founder of Arapahoe Country Club and the Wellshire Golf Association. Both Malcoms served on the board of directors of the Littleton State Bank.
The City of Littleton designated the Eson/Malcolm house a Historic Landmark in 2004.