This one-story Craftsman style bungalow is a well-preserved example of this architectural style in Littleton. Its main features include a broad façade, gable roof with overhanging eaves, porch with piers, solid balustrade, and front dormer.
According to the 1932 City directory, this was the house of George J. and Clara Saar for at least three decades. R.G. Carson sold his grocery store to George in 1905, and he went on to become secretary of the Littleton Mercantile Company. The Saars retired by 1953.
The City of Littleton designated the Saar house a Historic Landmark in 2003.