The historic H.S. Leach House was constructed in 1889 at 2596 W. Alamo Ave. The home’s most striking attribute is its Victorian Queen Ann style, featuring an arched window and a gable decorated with shingles that give it the appearance of fish scales. The cottage was constructed without hallways, maximizing the efficiency of its central heating, which originates from a boiler in the basement.
The home was built by Hiram Leach, a local stockbroker and miller who worked at the Rough and Ready Flour Mill. Leach was an active member of the Littleton community, including working on a committee that founded Littleton’s first volunteer fire company, membership in the Weston Masonic Lodge, and serving as a Littleton trustee in 1890. The Leach home hosted the first Littleton’s Women Club meeting in 1897. Hiram and his wife, Sarah Leach, lived in the house for 15 years before selling it in 1903.
The structure became a local Historic Landmark in 2000.