The City Ditch, which is the oldest structure in Littleton was constructed in 1861-67 by our founding father, Richard Little. It is open through most of Littleton and is a great natural/manmade feature that originally ran from the Platte River to Denver’s City Park. It is the oldest water right on the Platte River. Follow this Blog to find out the latest news about this resource. The sections of the Ditch in Denver’s Washington Park are saved and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The City Ditch Flume in Slaughterhouse Gulch.